Overall, the error “System.Componentmodel.Win32exception (0x80004005)” could be caused by the password and you should double-check it. Aside from that, it’s wise to consider changing the account type, taking a look at the apps and disabling antivirus programs. Not exactly tech-savvy and cannot carry out the solutions on your own? Then this article could help you out.
The Causes Of The Error
All in all, password is a security measure but it’s known to be responsible for many issues too. Thus, if you run into error 0x80004005 on your PC, it’s strongly recommended that you add password to your list of suspects.
While apps shape the experience of Windows users, it’s not uncommon for them to cause troubles. In the case that you only come across the error “System.Componentmodel.Win32exception (0x80004005)” while running certain apps, take such apps into account.
There is no doubt that antivirus programs play a key role in keeping computers out of harm’s way. Still, if antivirus programs overreact, they could complicate the operations of Windows on occasions. The error 0x80004005 gives you a hard time? In that case, you should give antivirus programs some thought.
Addressing The Error: Suggestions
Double-Check The Password
In the beginning, determine whether your password is correct. The nature of passwords means it only takes one mistake for the computer to display errors. Besides that, if your password is expired, changed and so on, you need to use the new password.
Change Account Type
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, choose Accounts and select Family & other users.
- Step 2: Locate your user account under Other users, click it and pick Change account type.
- Step 3: Under Account type, select Administrator and choose OK.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, log into your user account and see how things turn out.
Take A Look At Apps
In the case that errors stop you from running apps normally, it’s a good idea to run them as administrator. To do so, go to Search bar, type the name of the app you want to use and hit Run as administrator. Depending on the situation, you should think about moving apps to drives that don’t require administrator privileges for access. To move apps, go through the step down below:
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings then go to Apps.
- Step 2: In Apps & features, locate the app, click it and pick Move.
- Step 3: Select the drive you want to move your app, choose Move and restart your computer
Note: If error 0x80004005 persists, it’s widely advised that you uninstall and reinstall apps.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 2: In Control Panel, change View by to Category then hit Uninstall a program under Program.
- Step 3: Locate the app, right-click it and pick Uninstall.
- Step 4: Follow onscreen instructions
- Step 5: Restart your computer, reinstall the app and run it one more time.
Disable Antivirus Programs
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, pick Update & Security and click Virus & threat protection in Windows Security.
- Step 2: Hit Manage Settings under Virus & threat protection settings then toggle the Real-time protection switch to Off.
- Step 3: Restart your computer.
Questions And Answers
How should I use Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration platform by Microsoft that can support file sharing char, online meetings, and so in. It resembles Zoom in many regards but the main difference is that Teams is preferred for internal participation.
How can I move desktop applications on Windows 10?
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor. As a precaution, you should create a backup. To do so, click File, pick Export and save the backup in a secured location. As long as you have the backup, you could recover your computer if you mess up.
- Step 2: Navigate to the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx
- Step 3: Double-click PackageRoot then change the value to your preferred location e.g C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.
- Step 4: Close Registry Editor.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Fredrik is one of Europe’s most experienced investors and one of the most trusted advisors to the Creandum portfolio companies.
At Creandum, Fredrik is an early backer of several companies that have grown to dominate their respective markets, among others Spotify, KRY / LIVI, depop and Kahoot!. Focusing on B2B- and B2C companies disrupting large markets, often with marketplace models, he also leads or has led Creandum’s work with Virta Health, Shapr3D, Xeneta, Careship, Soundtrack Your Brand, Cint (sold to Nordic Capital), Videoplaza (Ooyala), 13th Lab (Facebook) and Autobutler (PSA Group).