Once it comes to “Save Print Output As” Windows 10, the default printer configuration is usually at fault so you should modify it. Other solutions include running the Printer troubleshooter, removing and re-adding the printer, etc. You don’t know your way around Windows? In that case, this article could help you out.
All in all, Windows users could run into a wide range of issues while printing documents. Still, about “Save Print Output As” Windows 10, it’s strongly recommended that you keep these possibilities in mind:
- Default printer configuration
How To Address The Issue
Modify Default Printer Configuration
For your information, the default printer configuration dictates what Windows uses when you print a document on your computer. If you keep getting “Save Print Output As”, there is a good chance that you have set Print to PDF in default printer configuration. To be able to print like normal, you have to modify the configuration.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 2: Change View by to Large icons then hit Devices and printers.
- Step 3: Locate your printer, right-click it and pick Set a default printer.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, determine whether the issue persists.
Note: While configuring the printing settings, make sure that you leave the Print to file checkbox unchecked.
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
As the name suggests, the Printer troubleshooter is able to take care of many issues that involve printers. Because of that, regarding “Save Print Output As” Windows 10, you should run the Printer troubleshooter. To run the Printer troubleshooter, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & Security then choose Troubleshoot.
- Step 3: Click Additional troubleshooters and pick Printer.
- Step 4: Hit Run the troubleshooter
- Step 5: After the process finishes, restart your computer and see how things turn out.
Remove And Re-Add The Printer
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type devmgmt.msc then press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Expand Printer queues, right-click your printer and pick Uninstall device.
- Step 3: Check the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device before hitting OK.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
How Do I Save Print Settings In Windows 10?
In the beginning, you need to decide on print settings that you want to save. Next, select Save/Del at the top, give the settings one last check and name the set of settings. Last but not least, choose Save to save print settings.
What Must Be Done To Save My Print Output As A PDF?
- Step 1: Open the file.
- Step 2: Press Ctrl + P.
- Step 3: Hit Save as PDF, pick your destination and click Save.
Fredrik is one of Europe’s most experienced investors and one of the most trusted advisors to the Creandum portfolio companies.
At Creandum, Fredrik is an early backer of several companies that have grown to dominate their respective markets, among others Spotify, KRY / LIVI, depop and Kahoot!. Focusing on B2B- and B2C companies disrupting large markets, often with marketplace models, he also leads or has led Creandum’s work with Virta Health, Shapr3D, Xeneta, Careship, Soundtrack Your Brand, Cint (sold to Nordic Capital), Videoplaza (Ooyala), 13th Lab (Facebook) and Autobutler (PSA Group).