Among the RPG games nowadays, Pathfinder: Kingmaker stands out as one of the titles that provide traditional experience with its turned-based combat, isometric view, … Throughout the game, each of the decisions you make affects the way gameplay and the adventure unfold. Still, it’s worth pointing out that Pathfinder: Kingmaker is not without moments of frustration, especially in the early stages. One example is the Pathfinder: Kingmaker spider swarm that causes many new players to give up.
The Spider Swarm: Compilation
All in all, no player wants to be ambushed by a swarm of spiders while exploring an area.
The spiders rely on their numbers to overwhelm larger prey and for some reason, normal attacks don’t hurt them. Needless to say, new players have a hard time getting past the spiders. In fact, the spider swarm in Pathfinder: Kingmaker was so powerful that developers even nerfed the spiders three times. Eventually, developers redesigned the area so players can complete the quest without having to face the spider swarm.
How To Dispatch The Spider Swarm
Retreat For The Time Being
Honestly, retreat sounds silly but it keeps your party alive. All you need to do is head back to the entrance, exit the area and move on with the story. It’s worth pointing out that the spider swarm is only a part of a sidequest. Thus, you can always come back to kill the spiders when you have high-level gears and spells.
Note: A number of players reported that they cannot go back and ended up being chased by the spider swarm. Because of that, you should avoid triggering the spiders if you can help it.
Fire And Acid Flasks
As mentioned above, Pathfinder: Kingmaker spider swarm won’t take damage from normal attacks. Therefore, it’s a good idea to stock up on fire and acid flasks to throw at the spiders. You should come across the flask in your adventure so save them for the spider swarm. Nonetheless, for good measure, place weak party members in the back to prevent them from getting knocked out.
For your information, torches can set the spider swarm on fire which allow you to defeat them. You only need to equip each of your party members with an Everburning Torch before fighting the spiders. The torch works best if your party member includes two two-handed fighters, a tower shield fighter and a bard.
When you have leveled up your party a bit, your party members should be able to use AoE (Area of Damage) skills. Usually, with AoE skills at your disposal, Pathfinder: Kingmaker spider swarm is not going to be much of a challenge.
When Was Pathfinder: Kingmaker Released?
The game was released in 2017 for Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux.
Is There A Romance Mechanic In Pathfinder: Kingmaker?
Yes, there are romances with Kalikke, Kanerah, Nyrissa and so on. But do not make the romance meters with another character too high unless you want to be rejected.
What Are The System Requirements For Pathfinder: Kingmaker?
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or newer.
- Processor: Intel Celeron 1037U @ 1.80GHz.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Storage: 30 GB available space.
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Does Pathfinder: Kingmaker Have Days And What Are Their Effects?
Yes, there are days in Pathfinder: Kingmaker and they are Moonday, Toilday, Wealday, Oathday, Fireday and Starday. All of these are workdays with slight differences. On Moonday, there are ceremonies created by some religions at night. It is usually the market day on Fireday. You will get advantages while making oaths or signing contracts on Oathday.
Which Class Is The Best To Go For In Pathfinder: Kingmaker?
For now, sorcerer is considered to be the best class thanks to its range as well as melee attacks. Sorcerers also have enough health to not die instantly.
Can I Change My Class In Pathfinder: Kingmaker?
You can only do that by using mods since the game itself does not allow changing the class midway.
A Beginner’s Guide
- If your party is too tired, or hungry and you want to set up a camp, make sure that you are in a safe spot. At nights, ambushes will sometimes occur and your characters will be quite vulnerable because they do not have full equipment. Therefore, besides resting, think of suitable tactics to repel unexpected attacks.
- Always try to complete a chapter as fast as possible or your kingdom will be in great danger. You might miss a few loots but they are not as worth as you expect. Regardless of your playstyle, make sure that you have time to concentrate on strengthening the kingdom.
- It’s wise to form a party consisting of two tankers, three damage dealers and one cleric. Cleric provides healing and support which makes it a key class. Moreover, when you have two tankers instead of one, it should be a while before enemies can target fragile members of your party.
- If you can help it, get a hold of as many Bags of Holding as possible because you can carry more items to town to sell them.
- While developing your characters, never forget Persuasion, Perception and Use Magic Device skills. These skills can be your guardian angels whenever you find yourself alone in an area.
- Always keep 100 BP in your kingdom’s bank before Chapter 3. After that, it is essential to have at least 500 BP in the account since numerous kingdom events will consume BP without warning you at all. You surely do not want to have a negative BP or your kingdom will be ruined because of riots.
- In general, as you enter battles in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, you may want to follow this target priority order: Spellcasters> Alchemists> Archers> Everything else
- If you spot an enemy before it sees you, try to flank it to get +2 free hits. In contrast, you can also be flanked so exercise caution while moving.
- Since orisons or cantrips are pretty efficient in low levels, try to use them to your advantage. However, they will gradually become outclassed as you progress.
- Never drink potions or get up from prone while standing next to an enemy unless you want to give it a free hit.
Fredrik is one of Europe’s most experienced investors and one of the most trusted advisors to the Creandum portfolio companies.
At Creandum, Fredrik is an early backer of several companies that have grown to dominate their respective markets, among others Spotify, KRY / LIVI, depop and Kahoot!. Focusing on B2B- and B2C companies disrupting large markets, often with marketplace models, he also leads or has led Creandum’s work with Virta Health, Shapr3D, Xeneta, Careship, Soundtrack Your Brand, Cint (sold to Nordic Capital), Videoplaza (Ooyala), 13th Lab (Facebook) and Autobutler (PSA Group).