At a glance, Crypt of the NecroDancer resembles other roguelike titles but the rhythm element allows it to stand out from the crowd. In the game, players could explore dungeons, open treasures, slay monsters… as they groove to background songs which guarantees hours of entertainment. Still, it’s worth painting out that not everything in Crypt of the NecroDancer is explained and the Janitor is a prime example. Read to the end to learn the secret behind Crypt of the Necrodancer Janitor.
Janitor In Crypt Of The NecroDancer: Compilation
The Janitor is in essence a merchant who removes players’ duplicated or unnecessary items in the pool. By discarding items via the Janitor, players could pick up specific stuff since there are more free slots in the item pool. For players that wish to retrieve items, the developers include a reset button that puts them into the inventory. Still, it costs diamonds to get rid of the items again so players must be prudent.
At the moment, Crypt Of The NecroDancer Janitor only appears in the Single Zone mode.
Note: Baseline items will never disappear from the item pool regardless of what the players do. Additionally, there is a chance that the spawning rate of a certain item will drop slightly because the ratio of that item to all items is decreased.
How To Take Advantage Of The Janitor
Based on the mechanism of the Crypt of the NecroDancer Janitor, if you have mediocre items, it’s wise to remove them to get quality ones. For example, removing so-so foods should increase the chance of spawning for food with superior recovery effects. In most of the cases, cheese is usually the best one to remove. Furthermore, feel free to throw away leather armor and useless weapons.
Is Crypt of the NecroDancer hard?
Even in the normal difficulty, the game is no cakewalk as it requires moving, exploring and fighting by the beat. Naturally, reckless actions can result in loss of scores or even worse.
Does Crypt of the NecroDancer have a sequel?
Yes and it is called Cadence of Hyrule. Even though the names are different, the developer has confirmed that this is a full sequel rather than a DLC or spin-off.
Which one is harder, Crypt of the NecroDancer or Cadence of Hyrule?
Overall, Crypt of the NecroDancer is more punishing than Cadence of Hyrule. Still, it does not mean that the sequel is an easy game. For a Nintendo game, Cadence of Hyrule is still considered challenging compared to other titles.
Is it possible to play Crypt of the NecroDancer online with other players?
The answer is no as the online multiplayer mode is not available. However, players can still enjoy local co-op sessions.
How much time will it take to beat Crypt of the NecroDancer?
If players decide to strictly follow the main objective, 14 hours will be needed to complete the game. On the other hand, a 100% completion requires the players to spend roughly 47 hours.
Who developed Crypt of the NecroDancer?
This is an indie game developed by only one studio, Brace Yourself Games.
Who is responsible for the music in Crypt of the NecroDancer?
Since the gameplay is based on rhythm, it is evident that music plays a vital part in Crypt of the NecroDancer. The person behind the game’s great soundtracks is Danny Baranowsky and he did a wonderful job.
What are the types of food in the game?
In the base game, there are a total of four types of foods that players can eat: apple, cheese, drumstick and ham. Apple can heal the players for 1 health and it is also the weakest consumable. Meanwhile, ham is able to heal 4 health which is the largest amount compared to other foods. There are also cheese and drumstick that heal 2 and 3 healths respectively.
If players have the DLC Amplified, there will be two new types of foods as well as turn normal consumables into magic ones. The new foods are carrot and cookies that heal one heart each but there are magic effects with tons of benefits. For instance, carrot will reveal the current floor’s layout along with the chests’ locations while cookies can be stacked up to six pieces. Interestingly, if the healing effect of the magic foods exceeds the number of empty hearts, players will have one full heart.
Instructions For Novice Players
- If you want to focus on surviving, weapons like Rapiers, Spears, Longswords, and Bows will come in handy since it helps you in keeping distance from the enemies.
- You can get free items if you can manipulate the shopkeeper. One way is to lure the shopkeeper into a trap door by inflicting damage on him so he falls through. That would make all the items free. Moreover, if the shopkeeper is scared outside of the shop, the items will also be free.
- Hidden walls exist somewhere within the level border and frequently in larger chunks of walls. A complete square of stone or catacomb wall usually has a potion inside of it. Additionally, hidden chests usually appear in rooms that are nearly empty or contain numerous enemies. The chest can only be revealed when you are standing next to it.
- Some enemies move on every beat and you would have trouble attacking them if they are one square away. In that scenario, you should consider digging up a wall and letting the enemy approach you first.
- Shopkeepers will sometimes attack you without being provoked. Thus, to avoid unexpected attacks like that, you should pay attention to the bricks surrounding the shop. Whenever the bricks are gold rather than grey, it is a sign that the shopkeeper is coming for you.
- In case you want more golds, it is better to keep a 3x Groove Chain since it will maximize the amount of gold dropped from the enemies. Moreover, Dragons, Sarcophaguses, and bosses can give you a fortune as a 2x multiplier differs from a 3x multiplier massively.
- Remember to always head to the Travel Rune Shops after digging a cracked wall in order to get various good items.
Fredrik is one of Europe’s most experienced investors and one of the most trusted advisors to the Creandum portfolio companies.
At Creandum, Fredrik is an early backer of several companies that have grown to dominate their respective markets, among others Spotify, KRY / LIVI, depop and Kahoot!. Focusing on B2B- and B2C companies disrupting large markets, often with marketplace models, he also leads or has led Creandum’s work with Virta Health, Shapr3D, Xeneta, Careship, Soundtrack Your Brand, Cint (sold to Nordic Capital), Videoplaza (Ooyala), 13th Lab (Facebook) and Autobutler (PSA Group).